ATG Media invests in leadership team
ATG Media, the global pioneer of live webcast and timed auctions has invested in its leadership team to accelerate the growth of the last few years. In addition to Anne Somers (CEO), Simon Berti (MD, Arts and Antiques) and Richard Lewis (COO), the senior management team has been boosted by the following appointments:
- Gemma Carver joins as Chief Marketing Officer from Bookatable, the online restaurant reservations marketplace. She will use her knowledge of marketplace businesses and her extensive digital marketing expertise to grow the bidder base across all ATG Media’s portals
- Matt Ball joins to develop Antiques Trade Gazette in print and online. Matt spent 14 years at MSN, Microsoft’s online consumer portal in senior roles including Editor-in-Chief and Global Publishing Lead. He brings a wealth of knowledge on how to deliver a high quality online and offline editorial experience. As Publishing Director of Antiques Trade Gazette, he will apply his expertise to expanding the subscriber base and delivering innovative advertising solutions to clients.
- Jo Wright joins the ATG Media board as Chief Financial Officer from Nickelodeon where she was CFO seven years.
In addition to these new hires, we have made further appointments to the senior management team:
- George Wade has been promoted to Managing Director, Products and Services. George previously worked for a fine art and antique auctioneer and has been with ATG Media since 2006. He is a veteran of the auction business and was instrumental in the development of live bidding on the-saleroom.com and i-bidder.com. George is responsible for bringing new products and services to auctioneers.
- David Brindley has been promoted to Director of the UK Industrial and Commercial team. David joined ATG Media in 2010 after seven years in senior management roles with Vodafone Group PLC. David has excellent knowledge of the industrial and commercial auction sector and in 2012 he became a member of the National Association of Auctioneers & Valuers (NAVA). He now heads up both i-bidder.com and BidSpotter.co.uk in the UK & internationally.
- In the USA, Richard LeMieux has been promoted to Senior Vice President responsible for ATG Media’s North American operations in the industrial and commercial sector. Richard has had a long career with BidSpotter.com and has undertaken many roles in the organisation.
Anne Somers, CEO of ATG Media, commented, ‘I am delighted to have Jo, Matt and Gemma join the ATG Media leadership team and that George, David and Richard Lemieux will be playing even greater roles in the business. The broad experience of the senior management team sets us up well for the ambitious goals we have set for the coming years.’
These three senior hires come off the back of a period of sustained growth for ATG Media. In 2014, over £1.6bn worth of goods were offered on the company’s auction portals - an increase of 45% versus 2013. More than 27m people visited the company’s portals in 2014, up from 20m in 2013.
To find out more, please contact:
Tel: 0203 725 5682